Asosiasi Ibu Menyusui
Indonesia – AIMI
Menyusui Indonesia – AIMI (Indonesian Breastfeeding Mothers’
Association – IBMA), established on May 2007 as a non-profit
association that was founded as a response to our most concerns
which is the maternal and neonatal health problems in Indonesia
caused by lack of knowledge and practice of exclusive
breastfeeding among mothers and pregnant women. There is still a
little support given to breastfeeding mother that hinder the
success of mothers to provide exclusive breastfeeding to their
babies. The organization was initially formed of mothers who are
concerned with those situations. As time pass by, the Members of
AIMI has become varied, with breastfeeding fathers joining as well
as other breastfeeding-supportive parties.
- Every mother in Indonesia is well informed and gets full
supports, before and during breastfeeding period, through
publication, socialization, advocacy, counseling, and education,
so that the breastfeeding practice rate could increase
- More and more people receive better knowledge of breastfeeding
and understand the importance of breast feeding and its benefit.
- AIMI Goes to Office (Public campaign, education and advocay in
- AIMI’s Education Class (Breastfeeding Basics, Breastfeeding for
Working Moms, Common Problems in Breastfeeding, Introducing the
First Solid Food, and Solid Food for Toddlers).
- Seminar and Talk show
- Monitoring to the violation of the marketing of condensed milk
Our Future Programs:
- Peer Counseling
- Monthly Support Gathering
- Free Socialization to Puskesmas/Posyandu (Community Health
- Media Campaign
- Corporate Lactation Program
Planned WBW Activities
- Casual Meeting of AIMI Members: Sharing and Caring about First
Solid Food for Babies (April 2008),
- Breastfeeding Fair (June 2008),
- Hypno-breastfeeding (July 2008), and
- National Peak Event on WBW 2008 (August 2008).
- Jakarta, Bandung, Surabaya, Yogyakarta, Semarang, Palembang,
Denpasar, Makassar, and Banjarmasin (tentative).
Mailing Address : Graha MDS Lantai 3,
Pusat Niaga Duta Mas Fatmawati Blok B1/34,
Jalan RS. Fatmawati No. 39, Jakarta 12150.
Email Address : email@example.com
Tel No.: +62-21-72790165
Fax No.: +62-21-72790166
Website (if any):